Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Royal Wedding!

 

I have been looking forward to the Royal Wedding since Will and Kate announced their engagement last fall. And I am PAINFULLY aware that I was the only person in our house that was super excited.  But, I choose to believe Harper would be as excited as I was – if she knew what was going on.  Since she chose not to nap very long and instead hang out with me on the couch and watch – I am thinking she had an inkling there was a historical event going on.

Anyway, to celebrate the Royal Wedding I found a recipe for ww friendly blueberry scones on my favorite website ever! We had plans to go to the park that morning, so I shut myself off from the world (i.e. I did not turn on my computer or tv) so I would not see the “dress” before I had time to sit down and watch the whole thing. Before we left, my favorite cooking partner helped me bake the scones:

DSC_0165 DSC_0166 DSC_0168 DSC_0170 DSC_0172 

The finished product:

 DSC_0175

My taste tester:

DSC_0178

They tasted delicious and not low-fat at all!  And the wedding was all I had hoped for and more. :)  Hudson took an extra long nap and I was able to see the whole thing without interruption. He made it downstairs for the famous balcony kiss. He pointed to the TV (and Kate) and said “what’s that?” I told him it was a pretty princess.  He said, “I take the princess?” I laughed and told him he was a little late. :)

No comments: