Friday, May 25, 2012

The Aftermath…

DSC_5271

Saturday after the surgery…well, Hud was a wild man. Running around (literally) like crazy and eating non-stop. Getting him to rest was virtually impossible. At one point Trent asked me if I was afraid the doctor accidentally hit something in Hud’s brain while he was in there, that is out of character he was acting.

By Sunday though…it was a different story.  People warned me about the dreaded Day 3 – and they were right. He started acting like a kid who had recently had surgery. He spiked a 103 fever. He stopped eating. He fell asleep at 4 in the afternoon with the tv on and his sister talking very loudly.  Poor little pumpkin. Honestly, it would be another ten days before I saw the old Hud again.  I had to keep reminding myself that it was the right decision and in the long run it was going to be the right thing for him because it was SO hard to watch. Luckily, we are on the other side now and I can already see a huge difference. It is truly an answered prayer!

No comments: