Friday, May 25, 2012

A brief get-away…

We had optimistically planned to try to get out of town as a family a week after the surgery. Unfortunately, it became clear that wasn’t going to be possible. However, we still needed to get out of town so we decided to road trip to one of our family favorites…Waco. :)

We were going to go to the children’s museum, but decided to head to the Suspension Bridge instead.  No one in my family had been there! And I hadn’t been there since college. Also, I thought a photo shoot would be fun:

DSC_5311 DSC_5321 DSC_5325

DSC_5295 DSC_5301

Hud got a kick out of talking to this guy…and he was sweet enough to answer Hud:

DSC_5310 DSC_5350

We headed to lunch at Ninfa’s (of course!):

IMAG2650 IMAG2656 IMAG2657

Then it was off to see the Bears! I love my alma mater (in case it isn’t obvious). And I love that the minute I step on campus it feels like I have never left…

Harper sitting on a swinging bench like the one her daddy and I got engaged on:

DSC_5364 DSC_5368 DSC_5371 DSC_5390 DSC_5392

LOVE this picture!

DSC_5401  Harper1 DSC_5425

We always stop for yogurt at the Exxon on campus…well sometime in the past two months they took the yogurt place out! Hudson had been promised chocolate ice cream (and had hit his meltdown point for the day)…so we improvised:

IMAG2687

Blue Bell! It is the best! And it should be noted he ate a total of probably ten bites…:)

A sign of a good trip is always this:
IMAG2689

Hudson was very worried we would wake Harper up and kept telling Trent and I to be quiet because Harper was sleeping. Then he would gently pat her leg. :)

Ten minutes from home this happened:

IMAG2696

Could he look less comfortable??

It was super fun family day.  How could I ask for more? :)

No comments: